|Study day at venue|
Referrals to gynaecology are one of the highest of any specialty. With better access to self-help, patient information, diagnostics and medical treatments many of these can be managed in primary care.
This training day will use case based discussion to apply latest evidence aiming to improve the awareness and understanding of common women’s health problems.
The knowledge gained will provide better understanding of when these issues require investigation and how we can improve the support given to women by providing them with up-to-date information about their treatment options.
This day is aimed at those who are new to practice or who need an update. It is appropriate for those working with women of reproductive age in any clinics.
- Be able to explain the menstrual cycle
- Have knowledge of how and why abnormal uterine bleeding occurs
- Understand fertility and the common causes of infertility
- Have a better understanding of PCOS including the short and long-term consequences
- Understand the menopause and use of HRT
- Understand continence problems
- Identify the treatment options of uterine prolapse including use of ring pessaries
Dates & Locations
|Study Type||Face to face|