|Online Only||CPD Certified||Accredited|
|2 day workshop at venue|
|Optional revision day|
|Case study submission|
|Credits||30 level 6|
|Exam||Online||At venue||At venue|
This six-month module aims to enable practitioners to further develop the necessary knowledge and skills to facilitate the holistic management of women’s health issues in primary care. It focuses on the health needs of the female population. It considers the management of sexual health, contraception, breast and cervical screening, continence and menopause and the services available to support this. Emphasis is placed on the individual woman, empowerment of the woman and on multi-professional collaboration.
Dietician, GP, Nurse, Pharmacist, Podiatrist, Registered Healthcare Practitioners
Teesside University UCPD Women’s Health Management in Primary Care 30 credits Level 6
- Normal female anatomy and physiology
- Pre-conceptual counselling
- Principles of gynaecological surgery
- Contraception – applied pharmacology
- Sexual health and sexually transmitted infections, symptoms, diagnosis and management
- Breast and cervical screening
- Menopause management – HRT and alternatives
- Psycho-social aspects of care
Dates & Locations
All students will take a one hour unseen examination comprising True/False statements based on the content of the module.
Students on the university accredited module will also submit a 3000 word written essay.
|Start Date||You choose your start date|