Update on Employment Law
Note that we do not run this course at Crow Trees. It is only available as a satellite course. The price is for up to sixteen students. Please register your interest for more information.
Register Interest in this Practice Manager module
Please fill in the following form for more information about this course. Required fields are marked with *
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
Course Delivery & Duration
The course consists of an interactive workshop day with learning materials and case scenarios.
This course is suitable for anyone in a management role (people, projects, assets) or aspiring to a management role. No professional qualifications are required.
An awareness of the key aspects of employment law is essential for any manager. Employment legislation impacts on all areas of the employment relationship and this overview gives an update on several of these: contracts of employment, discrimination law, family friendly rights and the working time regulations.
- Understand the importance of contract law in the employment relationship
- Recognise unlawful discrimination in the workplace
- Identify the key elements of law relating to family friendly rights
- Outline the key provisions of the working time regulations
- Apply knowledge of the legislation covered on the course to workplace situations