Travel Health Training for Beginners
Forthcoming Travel Health Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
12 Aug 2019
Bradford | Full
- 12 Aug 2019 Study Day
- 15 Aug 2019 Study Day
Course Delivery & Duration
Two day workshop.
Nurse, Registered Healthcare Practitioners, GP, Nurse Practitioner
Students must have previously completed a full day training programme for new immunisers including anaphylaxis training.
The course aims to equip health care professionals with the skills required to provide individualised pre-travel consultations at a basic competence level. This will be measured against the RCN competencies framework for travel health medicine.
- To equip health care professionals with the ability to conduct a thorough pre-travel risk assessment.
- To provide the knowledge to aid safe decision-making in the travel consultation so that advice and/or interventions are tailor-made for each individual traveller, with the use of up-to-date resources.
- To help healthcare professionals to recognise their own limitations in knowledge and suggest sources of specialised information or advice.
- Pre-travel risk assessment
- Prevention of environmental and journey risks
- Food and water-borne risks, including management of travellers’ diarrhoea
- Vaccine-preventable risks and immunisation (including rabies-specific advice)
- Vector-borne risks and insect bite prevention
- Malaria advice including prophylaxis
- Sexual health advice
- How to deal with complex situations