There are currently no scheduled dates for this course, but please register your interest to be notified about future dates.
Register Interest in this Supervisory Training course
Please fill in the following form to be notified when dates for this course are announced. Required fields are marked with *
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
Course Delivery & Duration
This course uses our proven and popular combination of self study and face to face workshops. Comprehensive written materials are supported by four workshop days. The days will feature a mix of presentation, written information, discussion and workshops. There is no formal follow-up. Individuals will be required to self-assess their development needs against the key themes and identify appropriate further learning as part of their personal development plans
New supervisors or practice staff looking to move into a supervisory role.
Be an effective supervisor! Over a series of workshops this course will focus mainly on the GP forward view and what it means in practice, people management and the key principles/skills, time Management and techniques on how to deal / cope in a busy environment with competing priorities, and managing difficult situations and conflict. The session will also touch upon leadership and building emotional resilience, giving further reading and references if staff, want to learn more.
- Understand the role of the supervisor
- Understand your own management style and different personalities
- Develop techniques on how to deal with / cope in a busy environment with competing priorities
- Understand the key principles and skills in people management
- Understand how to manage difficult situations
- The role of the supervisor
- The GP Forward View
- Time Management
- People Management
- Managing difficult situations
- Building emotional resilience