This blended learning package is suitable for practice nurses requiring an annual immunisation update as recommended by the Royal College of Nursing and Public Health England. It aims to provide an update for childhood and other national campaign vaccinations including flu, pneumococcal and shingles. It is unsuitable for nurses who have not completed an immunisation for new starters course.
Five great reasons to choose this course:
It has been specially prepared to meet a need during COVID-19 restrictions on face-to-face updates and reflects new ways of working and learning.
Unlike standard online update courses which are entirely self-directed and self-assessed, this course provides the opportunity to ask the tutor questions and address your own learning points.
The online pre-reading and video content can be accessed at any convenient time and do not have to be done in one sitting.
Your webinar tutorial (a range of dates and times are available) will give you the opportunity to network with other practice nurses and you can contribute to the discussion in a live forum.
If you enjoy the course, you can get £60 off one of our distance learning courses using the coupon code in the electronic pack.
Nurse, Nurse Practitioner
- To ensure practice nurses are giving up to date advice and administering vaccinations in accordance with current recommendations
- To highlight any changes in the national immunisation schedule and provide information about the implementation of these changes
- To provide opportunity for discussion of current issues surrounding immunisation via the small group webinar tutorials
- Recommended online pre-reading
- Access to online video presentation
- Small group webinar tutorials with opportunity to ask the tutor questions, check your learning with guided multiple-choice questions and case studies, and review learning outcomes
|Duration||1.5 hours webinar + self study|
|Start Date||Multiple dates available|
Format was ideal, covered all relevant topics. Online package was easy to work through and Zoom meeting worked really well, and saved on travel.
This format was new to me but worked really well. It felt less formal and more discussions, questions and case studies which I felt was much more interactive and relevant to my practice