This interactive one day obesity training course is delivered by a specialist dietitian experienced in primary care and aims to support health care workers in furthering their knowledge of obesity, while gaining simple and practical tools, skills and approaches that can help support their work with weight management patients in primary care.
GP, Health Care Assistant, Nurse, Registered Healthcare Practitioners, Nurse Practitioner
- Understand what is obesity is and who is affected?
- Be aware of the the causes and impact of living with obesity
- Be aware of weight stigma and it’s impact
- Be able to support patients in taking a balanced diet and portion awareness
- Be able to support patients in overcoming barriers and establishing plans for diet and lifestyle changes
- Know where to go for further learning
Dates & Locations
|Study Type||Online webinar|
Very helpful and will implement this information in my weight management appointments.