Practical Solutions to Support Weight Management
Forthcoming Weight Management Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
29 Apr 2019
Bradford | Current
- 29 Apr 2019 Study Day
Course Delivery & Duration
The Weight Management training course consists of a one day interactive workshop.
GP, Health Care Assistant, Nurse, Registered Healthcare Practitioners, Nurse Practitioner
This interactive one day obesity training course is delivered by specialist dietitians experienced in primary care and aims to provide health care workers with the necessary skills and tools to provide practical, simple and realistic ideas to motivate and support their patients with weight management in primary care.
- The impact of obesity on physical and psychological well being
- Lifestyle, dietary and environmental factors influencing total daily intake
- Barriers which may prevent change
- Awareness of ways to empower patients to lose weight
- Practical dietary and lifestlye ideas to motivate patients
- Appreciate the importance of Goal setting
- Weight management in Primary Care
- Role of weight, BMI and waist circumference
- Practical recommendations to support weight loss
- Current NICE and SIGN guidance
- Obesity support groups