Mental Health – Advanced
This is a brand new course, and there are currently no scheduled dates, but please register your interest to be notified about future dates.
Register Interest in this Mental Health course
Please fill in the following form to be notified when dates for this course are announced. Required fields are marked with *
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
Course Delivery & Duration
Single interactive study day.
This informal study day is designed for GPs, nurses and registered healthcare practitioners who have already attended our Mental Health Introduction study day.
It's all about Mental Health!
Mental health is a component of 33% of presentations to GP’s and the most prominent cited reason for ‘fit notes’. In addition, people with long-term conditions are two to three times more likely to experience mental health problems than the general population. It is therefore crucial that GP’s and Nurses keep up to date with diagnostic criteria and how best to treat mental health difficulties.
- Greater understanding of Personality Disorders and in particular Borderline Personality Disorder as this is the most common Personality Disorder Diagnosis.
- Understanding and ability to use assessment and formulation using the 5 Ps
- How to maximise the impact of the primary care practitioner
- Introduction to Personality Disorders
- Focus on Borderline Personality Disorder – Diagnosis and Treatment
- Assessment and Formulation and using the 5 Ps to understand someone’s difficulties
- Focusing on what people can change and what support they want from their primary care practitioner