Managing Conduct & Poor Performance
Note that we do not run this course at Crow Trees. It is only available as a satellite course. The price is for up to sixteen students. Please register your interest for more information.
Register Interest in this Practice Manager module
Please fill in the following form for more information about this course. Required fields are marked with *
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
Course Delivery & Duration
The course consists of an interactive workshop day with learning materials.
Practice Managers and anyone with responsibility for managing staff
Managing discipline - in other words, unacceptable behaviour and poor performance – may not be something you really want to think about. However, you need to be prepared should things not go to plan. Often, a quiet word early from a manager is enough to sort out a problem over an employee's conduct or performance.
But, if that doesn't work, you need to take action and
- comply with the law
- understand the basics for handling discipline
- manage a problem over conduct or under-performance from investigating it through to, if necessary, dismissal.
- Highlight the role and importance of good procedures and clear rules and standards
- Outline the difference between managing conduct and capability
- Provide guidance on an effective investigation
- Give an overview of how to manage a disciplinary hearing