Liver Care in Primary Care
Forthcoming Liver Care Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
24 Jan 2019
Bradford | Current
- 24 Jan 2019 Study Day
Course Delivery & Duration
Single interactive Study Day.
This interactive day is suitable for Primary Care Healthcare Professionals including GPs, Practice Nurses and Community Nurses. The day will cover the impact of obesity, alcohol and viral blood borne infections on liver health and look at the importance of lifestyle and behaviour change in liver care. Come along and learn how you can be more effective delivering liver care in your practice.
We set the growing national and individual impact of liver disease in perspective; this is a national crisis so action is required. We move on to the liver and its functions laying the foundation for understanding the process for monitoring liver disease and the potential disastrous consequences of liver disease. The three main ways to damage your liver are then explained and you will even get a guest appearance by a “virus” to aid the memory on interpreting the result. This study was commissioned by the National Clinical Director for Liver Care after he attended a CKD study day and appreciated the informal but practical approach used by our trainers. So in our usual style this day is relaxed and interactive using demonstrations and stories, but most importantly it is focused on what people working in general practice need to know, and then do, about livers.
- the importance of liver disease to the individual and impact on the general practice population
- how the normal liver works and what goes wrong in common liver diseases
- liver function testing and monitoring common liver diseases in primary care
- the rationale behind the National Liver Strategy and effective prevention and management of common liver diseases in primary care
- The importance of liver care and the National Liver Strategy
- Normal liver function – back to basics
- Liver damage – The consequences of liver damage
- Liver function tests in the diagnosis and monitoring of liver disease
- Non-Alcoholic Liver Disease - what we must do in primary care
- Alcoholic Liver Disease – what we must do in primary care
- Hepatitis A, B & C – what we need to do and be aware of in primary care
- Clinical cases, top tips and facilitating behaviour change