Leg Ulcer Assessment & Management
Forthcoming Leg Ulcer Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
14 Nov 2019
Bradford | Current
- 14 Nov 2019 Study Day
- 15 Nov 2019 Study Day
Course Delivery & Duration
The course consists of two workshop days followed by six months of self-directed study under the supervision of a mentor.
Nurse, Registered Healthcare Practitioners
This two day leg ulcer course will offer knowledge and skills on lower limb assessment and management. The impact of leg ulceration will be discussed, including the theory and practice of compression bandaging and Doppler assessment.
Students will need to have completed our two day Wound Management course or an equivalent course.
- Understand the impact and burden of leg ulceration
- Understand skin care
- Understand assessment and management care planning
- Understand the theory and practice of Doppler
- Understand the theory and practice of compression bandaging
- Understand accountability and responsibilities
Assessment is by submission of a competency booklet and reflective diary