Immunisation and Travel Health
Forthcoming Travel Health Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
30 Apr 2020
Bradford | Current
- 30 Apr 2020 Study Day
Course Delivery & Duration
Interactive study day
If you are new to travel health, there is a two day training course available, which assumes no prior knowledge of this subject. See the website for more details.
This study day is suitable for nurses requiring an annual immunisation update and currently doing travel health consultations. It aims to provide an update for childhood and other national campaign vaccinations and to cover hot topics in travel health.
Students should have previously completed a full day training programme for new immunisers, and be experienced in giving basic travel health advice.
- To ensure health professionals are giving up to date advice and administering vaccinations in accordance with current recommendations, and feel confident in recommending immunisation.
- To provide opportunity for discussion of current issues surrounding immunisation.
- To highlight any changes in the national immunisation schedule, and provide information about the implementation of these changes.
- To deepen travel health knowledge, with particular reference to new information.
- Current vaccination and immunisation schedule
- Clinical risk groups
- Adverse reactions
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Cold chain
- What is current in travel health?
- Malaria update
- Focus on special groups (variable)
- Current outbreaks