Health Care Assistant Conference
The Primary Care Training Centre is pleased to announce our Sixth Regional Health Care Assistant Conference.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
26 Sep 2018
Bradford Cedar Court | Current
- 26 Sep 2018 Full Day
A mixture of plenary and workshop sessions.
Health Care Assistants
The conference will consist of an opening plenary session on the future of Health Care Assistants, with Paul Vaughan (Director of Nursing - Transformation, NHS England), followed by a choice of four from six workshops. The closing plenary will be delivered by Jan Procter-King once again and is guaranteed to send you away with a smile.
There will also be a Marketplace area, with access to stands full of information. The Royal College of Nursing, Teesside University and the PCTC will be there to talk about your career and training needs, and former Cert HE students who are undertaking nurse degree training will be on hand to discuss their experiences.
Lunch and refreshments will be included in the price. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, and will be able to download an app featuring all the presentations from the day together with other useful information.
Spaces will be strictly limited, so book your place now!
- The Future of Health Care Assistants - with Paul Vaughan (Director of Nursing - Transformation, NHS England)
- Dementia - with Jan Procter-King
- The rise of the vaper – can e.cigarettes end the smoking epidemic? - with Paul Lambert
- Let's have a ball! - men's health - with Dr Amy Tatham
- Diabetes - The Ticking Time Bomb - with Rebecca Owen
- Spirometry - simple to do but simple to get wrong - with Georgina Martin
- Dare I ask? - assessing mental health - with Dr Alison Oldam
- How do we empower people? - with Jan Procter-King