Forthcoming Diabetes Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online.
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
29 Mar 2019
Bradford | Full
- 29 Mar 2019 Study Day
Course Delivery & Duration
The Diabetes Update training consists of a one day workshop.
GP, Nurse, Registered Healthcare Practitioners
Aimed at healthcare professionals who have completed the Diabetes Management in Primary Care course or a diabetes course at a similar level, this interactive day will provide an update on recent developments in diabetes and consider how they impact on both the patient and the healthcare team.
Many of the questions regarding diabetes management do not have black or white answers. At this study day new aspects of diabetes management such as using HbA1c as a diagnostic aid, management of pre diabetes, injectable therapy versus insulin and recent advances in the management and treatment of diabetes will all be considered.
The day will have plenty of time for discussion and will be led by a GP and nurse tutors from the Training Centre.
- Knowledge of new developments in diabetes management
- Understanding of disease management
- Knowledge of requirements of GMS QOF and other guidelines for diabetes
- The use of HbA1c in the diagnosis of diabetes
- New advances in oral and injectable therapy
- New evidence in diabetes management
- Management of complications
- Individualising patient care