There are currently no scheduled dates for this course, but please register your interest to be notified about future dates.
Register Interest in this CQC Masterclass course
Please fill in the following form to be notified when dates for this course are announced. Required fields are marked with *
Do you work in the Yorkshire & Humber NHS?
If yes, full funding may be available on all of our courses except the Flu Update, and will be applied when you checkout.
Course Delivery & Duration
One day workshop.
This practical and interactive day is aimed at Practice Managers / Registered Managers and will cover all areas of CQC requirements, preparation for an inspection and an opportunity to share experiences and share best practice.
The day will cover systems/processes that evidence the five key lines of enquiry to ensure a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led practice.
- Understand the steps to be taken prior to the CQC inspection
- Understand the patient groups the inspection team will be concentrating on and why
- Understand the information and documentation the Practice will have to send to the CQC team prior to their inspection
- Describe the checks which should be carried out at the Practice prior to inspection day
- Understand how the inspection day will look and who the inspection team will want to interview
- Get an idea of the contents of the presentation from the Lead GP and Practice Manager that the inspection team will want to see at the start of the day
- Fully understand the HR and administrative notes, files, policies and protocols the inspection team will be looking at and what the staff files should contain for both clinical and non-clinical staff
- Fully understand the Health and Safety and Infection Control requirements the inspection team will be looking for
- Understand what the GP, Practice Manager, Practice Nurse, Reception Team, Patients and Patient Participation Group members requirements will be on the day of the inspection
- Fully understand what the inspection team will be looking for regarding emergency drugs, oxygen supplies, resuscitation equipment, clinical fridges and their contents, basic life support and anaphylaxis
- Understand what will happen at the end of the day and what the next steps will be
- The role of the CQC and its Assessors
- The key lines of enquiry and standards
- The structure of the visit and inspection
- Opportunity to share experiences of others
- How to prepare for a visit
- How to access all resources including tools and templates
- Potential for sharing resources across practices
- Preparation of the action plan