£600 – £750
|Online Only||CPD Certified||Accredited|
|2 day workshop at venue|
|Case study submission|
|Credits||30 level 5|
This six-month multi-professional module aims to further develop practitioners with the knowledge and skills to facilitate the holistic management of patients in primary care who are at risk of developing or have established cardiovascular disease
It is aimed at registered healthcare practitioners who have a role in the delivery and management of care for patients at risk of or experiencing cardiovascular disease. The module aims to provide students with detailed knowledge and skills to assess and propose pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment tailored to the individual needs of the patient.
- Online only – online pack with video tutorials
- Blended – as Online with tutor-led webinar Zoom session
- Accredited – as Blended with case study submission
All three options will require you to sit a one hour online true/false exam. Please note that you can start the Online only option at any time. Accredited courses will start every six months. For Blended start dates, please check the Dates & Locations section below.
Dietician, GP, Nurse, Pharmacist, Podiatrist, Registered Healthcare Practitioners
Teesside University UCPD Primary Care Cardiovascular Disease Management 30 credits Level 5
- Pathophysiology of heart disease
- Normal/abnormal physiology and risk factors
- Primary and secondary prevention strategies
- Assessment, diagnosis and monitoring
Management of Cardiovascular Disease:
- Pharmaco-therapeutics associated with cardiovascular disease:
- Hypertension, dyslipidaemia
- Myocardial infarction, heart failure, atrial fibrillation
- Multi-disciplinary approaches to lifestyle modification
- Smoking cessation
- Dietary advice
- Physical activity
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Psychological consequences
- National Guidelines
Dates & Locations
One hour unseen examination comprising of True/False statements based on the content of the module.
3000 word case study reviewing either the management of a person at risk of, or with, established cardiovascular disease within an individual primary care practice (accredited course only).
|Start Date||You choose your start date|
|Price||£600 / £648 / £750|