27 January 2022
New role within our Admin Team
Students Support Administrator
Job Role: Students Support Administrator – Assessments
A new opportunity for a Students Support Administrator has become available at The Primary Care Training Centre.
The Primary Care Training Centre offers Distance Learning Courses and Study Days for healthcare professionals and has been delivering training since 1996. Over forty thousand students have either successfully completed one of our University accredited modules or attended one of our study days.
The primary responsibility of this role will be supporting the Clinical Director in the delivery of training and educational courses. Liaising with students, tutors, PCTC staff, Teesside University and other organisations where necessary to facilitate their work.
- Administrative responsibility for both University accredited and CPD courses
- Act as a key point of contact for Students and Tutors
- To ensure work is carried out in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures, systems and guidelines
- Input accurate information onto relevant databases
- Participate and be an active member in team meetings and take minutes as required
- Following assessment processes for students who pass, refer or resubmit.
- Enrolment checks and recording assessments on Blackboard with University
- Deliver Quality improvement measures including audit and surveys
- Prepare for and attend Teesside University Board Meetings
- Prepare for and attend Teesside University Approval and Reapproval events
- Prepare and update exam papers with Clinical Director
As part of the Administration Team you will also have a general overview of other tasks including processing applications, chasing student documentation, online learning setup and management. Answering telephone/emails.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in Assessments – desirable
- Previous experience of using Blackboard platform – desirable
- Administrative and secretarial experience
- Working in a busy office environment
- Working under pressure
- Supporting meetings and note taking
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Familiar with Teams/Zoom/Virtual Learning Environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Efficient level of proficiency in English, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to organise own work and prioritise workload
- Ability to identify and meet deadlines.
- High degree of accuracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team
- Adaptable to different types of work and workloads
- Calm under pressure
- Tactful, diplomatic and discreet
A good standard of general education
- Hours – 26 hours per week
- Holidays – 20 days, plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure.
- Salary: £21,164.00 per annum/pro rata
- 6 months initial contract, to be reviewed
If you would like to apply, please send us an up to date version of your CV with a covering letter by 16 February 2022 to email@example.com or post to Primary Care Training Centre, Crow Trees, 27 Town Lane, Idle, Bradford. BD10 8NT
If you are selected to attend an interview, they will be held during the first week in March 2022.