Respiratory Disease Management in Primary Care (UCPD Award)
Forthcoming Respiratory Disease Management Courses. Please choose your preferred start date from the drop down list to book your place online. Do not select a date that is listed below as Full as you will not be allocated a place. What’s the difference between accredited and non-accredited / CPD courses? Click here to find out.
3 Apr 2017
Bradford | Full
- 3 Apr 2017 Start Date (no attendance)
- 5 Jul 2017 Revision Day
- 5 Oct 2017 Workshop Day
- 6 Oct 2017 Workshop Day
18 Sep 2017
Bradford | Current
- 18 Sep 2017 Start Date (no attendance)
- 5 Dec 2017 Revision Day
- 22 Mar 2018 Workshop Day
- 23 Mar 2018 Workshop Day
Course Delivery & Duration
This respiratory disease training course uses our proven and popular combination of self study and face to face workshops. Six months of self-directed study is facilitated by a distance learning pack and concludes with two days of compulsory workshops. Attendance at a mid-course study session is optional.
Students use our brand new electronic distance learning pack. This will give a more interactive learning experience, but students who prefer a paper pack may purchase one at a small additional cost.
|Notional Study Time||300 hours|
GP, Nurse, Registered Healthcare Practitioners
Teesside University UCPD Primary Care: Management of Respiratory Disease 30 Credits Level 6
This course combines asthma training and COPD training into a single respiratory disease training course. The six month module focuses upon the assessment and management of clients with asthma and/or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The module considers differential diagnosis of the two conditions and the effective management and treatment options available. The impact of respiratory disease on the psychological and quality of life issues of the client will be considered. Upon completion the participant will be able to suggest, initiate and vary treatment to individual needs.
The respiratory disease training course will cover Spirometry, but if this is your main area of interest then you may wish to consider our two day course Foundation in Spirometry.
This course is also available without accreditation. On the non-accredited course, you will sit the same examination but do not need to write a case study. Click here for more details.
- Evaluate the relationship between environmental factors and conditions which impact upon the disease processes in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the psychological impact of the diseases upon the patient
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the management and care, including relevant pharmacotherapy, of an individual experiencing asthma or COPD
- Evaluate the relationship between assessment, diagnostic and screening skills, the management of asthma and COPD
- Evaluate evidence from a range of sources to underpin the care and management of asthma and COPD
- Demonstrate intellectual flexibility in the application of relevant theory to the management of asthma and COPD
- Evaluate and modify care delivery in response to the assessment of the patient who has asthma and COPD
- Select, apply and evaluate appropriate methods and tools whilst conducting an assessment of the client who has asthma or COPD
- Develop and evaluate care strategies that promote health and assist in the prevention of complications associated with this asthma or COPD
- Demonstrate effective writing skills appropriate to level 6.
- Diagnosis and Monitoring
- Treatment Options
- Into Practice
One hour unseen examination comprising of True/False statements based on the content of the module. 3000 word case study.